Budae Jjigae Luncheon Meat
Enjoy the deliciousness of a special menu that you don't have to travel to Korea for: 'Budae Jjigae Luncheon Meat.' Budae Jjigae Luncheon Meat Recipe:
- Korean-style semi-instant noodles (Korean ramen) - You can use Thai noodles, but Korean noodles tend to be softer.
- Kochujang (Korean red chili paste)
- Chicken eggs (raw or boiled)
- Chopped green onions / large onions
- Chinese cabbage
- Golden needle mushrooms
- Soft tofu
- Sausages / ham / bacon / meatballs / imitation crab sticks / fish fillets (optional, choose according to preference)
- Sliced cheese / mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Water or stock
- Sesame oil
* You can add vegetables and meat according to your liking.
- Pot or electric pot or rice cooker
- Gas stove or electric stove
How to Make Budae Jjigae:
1. Arrange all the prepared ingredients, including Korean-style semi-instant noodles, meat, and vegetables, except for the chicken eggs, neatly in a pot.
2. Top the Korean-style semi-instant noodles with Kochujang (including the seasoning powder from the packet). If you like it spicy, you can add chopped fresh chili peppers.
3. Pour soup into the pot, then turn on the heat.
4. Wait until the water starts to boil, then gently stir the Kochujang until it dissolves, and the noodles are submerged in the soup.
5. Add sesame oil to enhance the aroma and place cheese on top to make the soup creamy.
6. When it comes to a boil, crack the chicken eggs into the pot. When the noodles and ingredients are thoroughly cooked, the broth will thicken. Ready to serve!